2010-10-12

Tomáš Vokoun: Upper Deck 2001 - 2002


Let's have a look at Tomáš Vokoun card for a change. Tomáš is one of our national heroes, he is believed to be the best Czech goaltender since Dominik Hašek and that's why he is the second player I'm collecting.

So far, this is my oldest card of, UD 2001-02 base set, but a Montreal rookie card is on the way. The card itself is decent - nothing that would make you go ooh or aah, but it's definitely a nice card, because of some nifty details, like the silver lining (not really visible on the scan) on the lower part of the card. I also like Vokoun's pads, the combination of yellow and blue is very pleasant to my eyes, and his mask with shiny cage. All of my newer cards feature his mask with white cage, so that's why I like it.

The back of the card has a pretty, simple yet effective design. It has everything a good card should have by my standards - a photo, good design, complete stats and also some blurb about Tomáš. The card describes him as a good, perspective goalie and IMO he really lived up to the expectations.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat