2010-10-24

Tomáš Vokoun: 1997-98 Donruss Rated Rookie (RC)



I got a delivery a week or so ago that included this card. I wanted it bad, because it became my first Vokoun RC card. And what a card it is!

First of all, it is an insert card. Second, it's my only Montreal Vokoun card. Lot of people don't even know that Tomáš played for the Canadiens.

Actually, he played in just one game for Montreal. And his debut was not really that great - he played only one period, recorded 10 saves and allowed 4 goals, which set his stats at Saves percentage 0.714 and dreadful 12.00 goals against average. But nevertheless, it was a start.

The card itself is decent. It doesn't show on the scan, but those letter behind Tomáš are actually foil as well as the Rated Rookies logo. Take a look at Vokoun's mughshot - he has hair! :) I can't remember when was the last time I saw him with hair. His bald head became synonymous for him - that and the glove on his right hand.

His number is different - I don't remember him wearing 37 in NHL or in nationals, but one thing remained unchanged from the beginning - his loyalty to Sher-Wood sticks. I believe he is wielding Nike-Bauer nowadays, but he had been using Sher-Woods for a long long time.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat